A pressure washer is the one item that solves all your dirt troubles and is a huge amount of fun to play with too!
Whether its cleaning cars, or slabs, patio, decking, windows, outdoor furniture or bikes.
These pressure washers can do it all.
Who wants to spend hours on their hands knees scrubbing?
Not you, not when you can power blast the dirt and grime away in seconds with no effort at all!
Here is a detailed breakdown and comparison of the best pressure washers.
With all of their features, pros and cons listed ready to help you pick your next garden toy!
This is a fantastic all rounder, the perfect beginners pressure washer.
The Karcher K2 comes with everything you need to get going, including special attachments for different surfaces.
There are 4 unique water power speeds on the Karcher K2.
- The lowest setting for mixing and applying detergents.
- Level 1 – for softer more easily damaged surfaces like wooden benches, decking etc.
- Level 2 – for general all round use, like washing cars, windows and bikes.
- Level 3 – an intense pressure that is concentrated for removal of really tough algae and years of dirt from slabs and driveways.
The 4 metre length of hose with an easy hold handle means you can walk around whilst using the Karcher pressure washer.
You are not limited to standing in one position.
There are two ‘lances’ (the spray pipes that you add to the handle).
- One has a rotating pressure control, which means you can adjust the pressure on the go – without having to go back to the Karcher main switch every time. (This is called the vario lance.)
- The other lance has a tiny concentrated rotating pencil jet, which supplies you with the most powerful water jet
The third attachment – Is a tool specifically design for jet washing patios.
It has an encased dome, which means that all the water that is forcefully sprayed does not bounce back onto you or your windows!
It means that cleaning the patio is quicker and easier, this extension is also best used with the specially designed cleaning liquid. (You get a big bottle of this included too.)
Storage and ease of use
The Karcher K2 is very straightforward to use. You just need a basic hosepipe from a tap to supply the water to the Karcher.
Setting up is easy, everything is pre built and ready to plug in and go.
Storage wise, the main unit holds most of the accessories – just not the larger patio circular cleaner.
This makes it easier to keep all of the bits together and not lose them!
The weight of the K2 is 4.34kg, so it is super light and easy to mover around, especially with the inbuilt wheels and extending telescopic handle.
- This kit contains everything you need to get going.
- Really easy to work and set up.
- We love the additional patio cleaner with no spray feature!
- Up to 110 bar pressure – high enough for even the toughest of jobs.
- The cleaning liquid has to be sucked through a little tube with the the bottle placed on the ground – (This could get knocked over pretty easily.)
- Not all of the Karcher attachments fit onto the main unit for storage.
- There is no brake for on the main unit for when in use. If you’re a bit too vigorous, you may indeed pull the whole thing over.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
Could the Karcher K4 be the ultimate pressure washer?
It has many of the same features as the K2 as standard, so we won’t rewrite all of them again.
(It includes the same three extensions – lances for different pressure settings.)
The design of the K4 is also pretty similar to the K2, except it is just slightly bigger to accommodate the extra features and power.
The Karcher K4 water pressure can be set anywhere between 20 up to to 130 bar pressure. So it is more powerful than the K2.
The extra power may not be necessary though, it you only have a small garden area to deal with. The power can be adjusted, just like with the K2 using the dial on the front of the Karcher unit or using the adjustable lances.
The more advanced K4 has a water cooling feature for the motor.
This means it is more robust and can be used for longer periods of time.
(That is not to say that the K2 can’t be used for long periods of time!)
This is a unique feature to the K4 and not many other jet washers on the market have such a feature.
Unique LED Screen
When trying to multitask using the Karcher power washer and not get covered in water spray, it can be difficult to accurately select the correct pressure for the surface you are working on.
Or you may forget which level of pressure you are on. (The Karcher is pretty noisy and distracting!)
The unique Led screen on the Karcher handle lights up and tells you exactly what power setting you are using so that you can easily adjust the water flow accordingly.
- This Karcher has an led screen to help you figure out the best speed setting for the thing you are jet washing. (You don’t have to worry about accidentally damaging painted surfaces.)
- The K4 is slightly larger, so all of the attachments fit neatly into the unit for easy storage.
- The handle is adjustable, and the wheels make it easier to manoeuvre.
- The larger unit also allows for the detergent bottle to sit inside the unit to feed the water supply when wanting to add a cleaning liquid to your jet washing. (This is way better because the bottle can’t accidentally get knocked over.
- The pressure can be selected from 20 to 130 bar pressure which is tough enough for even the worst surfaces you need to tackle.
- It is quite bit more expensive than the K2 and doesn’t actually come with all of the additional cleaning accessories, these are sold as additional items with the K4.
- The unit is quite large and apart from the retracting handle, the unit isn’t very compact for storing between uses.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
The Nilfisk C is an excellent value for money pressure washer.
It does everything you want it to, but without costing a fortune.
The only real difference between the Nilfisk and the Karcher K2 is that there is no patio dome cleaner.
Also, instead of getting two spray lances, you only get one, but it has two detachable end nozzles for different spray patterns.
(This obviously makes it a little more fiddly to change heads when completing a project.)
But considering the money saving that there is to be make by opting for the Nifisk over the Karcher, you might just think it is worth it.
- One handle with one lance – this has two interchangeable end attachments for jet washing different surfaces.
- There is a the option to use a detergent bottle, for adding liquid cleaning products to the water flow. (You don’t have to use a particular branded washing liquid.)
- All of the attachments can be conveniently stored on the Nilfisk unit so it can be easily stored away.
- It fits all major tap fittings and hose pipe for the water supply – such as Hozelock and Karcher.
- Can get 110 bar pressure. This is on par with the K2 from Karcher (which costs more.)
- Very affordable, a kind of budget entry level pressure washer.
- Comes ready assembled to go.
- Can be used with a liquid detergent bottle.
- The attachments are all click and go, so no faffing about with screwing ends on.
- The handle on the unit is not retractable – not a major problem but obviously a little more awkward to store as it makes the unit larger.
- It will take longer to switch nozzles when using the jet wash. You have to unclip the end nozzle and slip on the new one you want.
- There are no real fancy features – but it is a great, high quality pressure washer – it is certainly durable and built to last.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
The shining feature of this pressure washer is its unique ability to become really tiny when packed away.
It could even be stored in a reusable bag in between of uses its that small!
The Bosch High pressure 33-11 is the smallest and most entry level pressure washer of the Bosch series but this doesn’t stop it from having some awesome features.
It comes with everything you need in the box, just clip the lance to the handle and connect the water supply and you’re good to go.
The Bosch also comes with a bottle for cleaning detergent for working on extra tough areas.
This is a budget friendly, small and compact jet wash. Perfect for people who live in an apartment or small house with little storage.
You don’t necessarily need an outside tap or water butt to power the jet wash.
As you can see in the image, you can actually use a large tank of water or water butt if you do not have access to a tap facility.
- Can give you 110 bar pressure, which is huge for such a small jet wash.
- There are a number of good attachments that will fit the Bosch 33-11 0 including a patio washer. (The dome where the water doesn’t spray upwards.)
- Budget friendly.
- This is a basic starter kit, there are no fancy attachments included.
- There are no wheels or adjustable handle – this just makes moving the unit a little more awkward when in use.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
I have always been a massive fan of Hozelock hosepipes and believe they are the king of hosepipes.
But how do Hozelock perform when it comes to pressure washers?
The Hozelock pressure washer features an impressive 14o bar pressure. – This is the highest in our review so far!
When it comes to the hose pipe – Hozelock don’t let us down there either, the Pico is supplied with 6 metres of length – so you can cover a huge area without having the move the pressure washer.
The Pico power washer comes with everything you need to get going quickly. It is super small and really easy to store if you have a small shed or garage.
- The Pico really is small and mighty! It is capable of achieving a whopping 140 bar water pressure.
- All of the accessories fit neatly into the back of the Pico
- The Pico has large robust wheels for use on gravel (always useful) and rough terrain.
- The adjustable handle make pushing and pulling the Hozlock Pico a doddle.
- There are no special attachments included with the Hozelock Pico. All you get is the Hozelock motor unit and handle which the spray lance clips into.
- No feature for added cleaning fluid – the Karcher and Makita come with a spray bottle for concentrated cleaning products.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
The Makita pressure washer is a super simple, to the point pressure washer.
It is classed as ‘compact’ and it is pretty small – so it’s easy to store.
It looks sleek, simple and it would be really easy to keep clean.
The Makita comes with everything you need to get going, the main power unit, the spray gun, which is in two parts and a spray bottle to use for mixing cleaning fluids with the water jet.
This pressure washer will get the job done and is super affordable, after the Karcher Compact, it is the second cheapest pressure washer in our review.
Makita is a tried and trusted name, their tools and brand are renowned for being affordable and very high quality.
The water power is up to 100 bar pressure, which is pretty good for a compact pressure washer in general.
(But sadly no match for the Hozelock Pico pressure.)
- The pressure washer is light and easy to store away.
- Makita is affordable and robust, there are no flimsy attachments and it won’t let you down.
- The spray bottle enables you to use cleaning detergents easily.
- No cleaning detergent is supplied – only the bottle.
- There is only one lance sprayer included with the Makita pressure washer.
- No wheels or extendable handle means that you have to bend and lift it every time you want to move the pressure washer.
- The hose is only 3m long, so you may have to hold the Makita unit whilst walking around the garden.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
Back to Karcher for now – they really do own such a large segment of this market…
..And with good reason.
This little compact pressure washer gives you 110 bar pressure and is absolutely tiny!
Perfect for storing in small sheds or cupboards.
It comes with everything you need to get started.
This is a bargain buy which will fulfil all of your needs.
(If all you really need it for is to clean your patio!)
The Karcher Compact has a spray gun which conveniently can be stored in the back of the unit.
You get one lance with the ‘dirtblaster’ nozzle. (A specially designed nozzle that provides up to 50% greater cleaning power than regular spray nozzles.)
- The Karcher K2 compact is super small and lightweight – weighing under 5kg.
- It is really affordable – you will probably be shocked at the price!
- Even though it is the miniature version of the K2, you still have the high 110 bar pressure and the suction tube for the cleaning fluid.
- There are no wheels and the handle is quite low down – (this is to aid with the small size of the unit though.)
- You only get one spray lance – although it is the Dirt Blaster one – which is a great feature.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
The Spear and Jackson pressure washer is a superior pressure washer, on par with the Karcher K4.
It literally offers everything you could want or need.
The look of the Spear and Jackon model is completely different from all the other pressure washers we have seen.
It feels luxurious, robust and is very high quality. The Spear and Jackson looks more like a race car than a pressure washer.
The Spear and Jackson pressure washer comes with:
- The patio cleaner head, a special dome attachments for jet washing patios – so you don’t get lots of spray going everywhere!
- A fixed brush – perfect for cleaning car wheels.
- The vario lance – so that you can instantly change the water pressure via the handle and lance, instead of going back to the main unit.
- A turbo lance, for concentrated areas – perhaps the moss that has been growing on your slabs for years and years might need this attachment!
- 1.5l Detergent Bottle – for cleaning patios and slabs. The cleaning fluid is mixed with the water flow when on a gentle pressure. This gives you the ability to apply cleaning fluid to a large area quickly and easily. All thats left to do it blast it off when the cleaning detergent has done its thing.
- The standard pressure is 110 bar and the max power is 130 bar – this matches the Karcher K4.
- The kit contains everything you need to get going straight away.
- The unit has robust large wheels, perfect for pulling across a gravel driveway. The handle is at a convenient height too.
- You get 7m of hose which enables you to walk 7 metres away from the unit whilst retaining the full water pressure.
- Can be used with an outdoor tap, hose pipe or water butt.
- Every attachment, including the large patio head can be conveniently stored on the back of the Spear and Jackson pressure washer, so you won’t lose any important bits!
- Slightly higher priced than some of the smaller models.
- More bulky than some of the other models.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
The Bosch AQT 35-12 is a fantastic all rounder, if offers the high power of 130 bar.
And just about every attachment you could wish for.
(Its worth noting that this pressure washer is also available as a simple unit with one spray nozzle – this is around £40 cheaper – so its good if you’re on a budget and only really need if for one or two cleaning uses.)
But if you’re thinking about all the different ways you can use a pressure washer after reading this article, it may be worth investing the extra bit of money and getting the full set of accessories.
The Bosch AQT 35-12 is very similar to the Spear and Jackson model mentioned previously, it also has a similar price tag.
- This model has a hard plastic outer shell that will survive and knocks or bumps your shed throws at it.
- The handle is extremely sturdy and can fold down. This means the unit is actually really small when you want to store it away.
- The Bosch 32-12 comes with 6 different attachments including a brush extension for car wheels.
- Hose pipe wise, you get 6m of extension, so you dont have to drag the unit around with you as you use it.
- The wheels are strong and stable, for use on all terrain.
- There is a Bosch liquid bottle for incorporating the use of detergent when using the pressure washer.
- Most of the attachments can be stored away by fixing to the main body of the pressure washer, but not all. There is no room for the larger items – like the patio head cleaner.
- The attachments and joints are of course, fit for purpose, but when compared the fittings on the Karcher or Spear and Jackson models, they do not feel quite as robust.
SEE LOWEST PRICE
Best Pressure Washer Overall
The absolutely deserving winner of the best pressure washer kit goes to the Karcher K2.
This is most certainly the best all rounder, it comes with everything you need to get going and enough hose length for you to use the Karcher with ease.
The wheels and adjustable handle make moving it around a doddle and we love the fact that most of the attachments can be neatly and securely stored on the body of the Karcher in between uses.
It is very affordable and great value for money considering everything that in included.
The various click and go nozzles attachments (lances) mean you can quickly and easily switch from pressure washing the windows to the patio to the car.
Pressure washers, including this one are now designed to conserve power and only use it when necessary.
So the pressure washer only kicks in when you press the trigger.
We love the fact that this pressure washer comes with a 1.5 litre bottle of concentrated cleaning fluid.
You don’t need a lot, and it really does help to stop dirt from building back up of flat surfaces.
Karcher is one of leading brands in pressure washers and with good reason.
The main body is extremely well built with quality materials and easy to clean.
The nozzle extensions and universal fitting Karcher/ Hozelock fitting mean you can use it with your existing hosepipe or outside tap easily.
The fittings themselves are made of extremely strong plastic and last for a very long time, even after being worked hard many times in the garden.
SEE LOWEST PRICE